ENGINEER/ARCHITECT WITH EXPERIENCE AS WORKS SUPERVISOR
Descrizione dell'offerta di lavoro
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) is an international non-profit organisation seeking to recruit a Works Supervisor to cover the North Area of Italy. The post is responsible for the supervisory, execution and co-ordination of structural work within the geographical region allocated. Primary task is ensuring that cemeteries and memorials are properly maintained to the standards as specified by the Commission as efficiently and economically as possible and supports the Regional Manager, Southern Europe in all aspects when required.
About the Role:
- Preparation, coordination and completion of all maintenance and project work within the CWGC as directed. To ensure we comply with all aspects of building and conservation law including the sourcing of all necessary authorisations and permits. To help develop our long-term maintenance and conservation strategy.
- To provide high-level technical and professional surveying advice for MA, to ensure the continuous development of the Area’s long-term maintenance and conservation strategy. To inspect, survey and assess the condition of our complete estate in order to guide and influence the operational output of the MA Operations Department is delivered to the Commission’s standards and in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage the implementation of corporate Health and Safety Policies including the adoption of safe working practices, taking appropriate action to enable supervision and monitoring to manage the areas risks effectively.
- Responsible for the operational requirement of our fleet in Italy
- Responsible for managing the production, authorisation and monitoring of the monthly accounts in accordance with corporate accounting practices, within agreed delegated regional budget and financial delegated authority per transaction.
- Where responsible, supervision of Works staff and contractors to ensure they deliver work as directed. Ensures that the work is carried out safely, to Commission’s standard, to cost and within agreed timescale.
- Developing of Conservation Management Plans and/or Management plans for all budget funded projects.
- Monitor standards, conduct and provide coaching and assistance when required to motivate staff to give their best. Promotes talent and staff development whilst dealing effectively with poor performance.
- Inspect cemeteries, memorials and associated buildings. Prepare Condition survey reports and ensure that the Works standards of the Commission are met
- Prepare contract documentation and issue tenders for manager acceptance. Monitor the work of contractors and report progress to the manager. Work with external engineers, architects and surveyors for the design and construction of major or specialist projects
- Contribute to our Operations department in terms of policy, strategy and recommend action plans to carry out project’s works, providing professional advice to the management on issues connected with the Works programme and operations.
- Recommend action plans and submitting estimates to the Regional Manager, working directly with suppliers
- Liaise with Local Authorities to obtain permissions to carry out cycle maintenance in their cemeteries. outside the boundaries of Commission sites, for Highways control and the like, including new building projects
- Deal with Horticultural staff, collecting information and providing assistance for small routine maintenance or works carried out by external contractors
- Represent the CWGC with local authorities when delegated by the Regional Manager
- Compilation and maintenance of management information
Requisiti di lavoro
- Bachelor’s in Building or Master’s degree in Architecture, Conservation Management or Construction Engineering or equivalent qualification/experience and ability to demonstrate thorough experience/background in operational planning, technical projects and architecture/engineering.
- Technical knowledge and experience from the construction sector. Knowledge/ experience in conservation is an advantage.
- At least five years’ work experience in team management in a works environment
- Knowledge of Italian legislation around building planning permission
- Knowledge of surveying best practices
- Knowledge of natural stone is an asset
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities
- Good command of written and spoken English language, in addition to high level of literacy in Italian
- Knowledge of Health and Safety best practices
- Project Management skills and ability to accurately interpret construction drawings
- IT literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and AutoCAD
- Staff Management skills including reliability and confidentiality
- Ability to prepare technical reports and inspection reports of structures and properties, as well as preparation of detailed specifications for small projects
§ Driving license
Altre informazioni sul lavoro
Location: Flexible between the following areas:Faenza (Ravenna), Assisi, Rome
Hours of Work: Full-time (35 hours per week Monday to Friday)
Salary: Circa €33.353,28 gross per annum, dependent upon skills and experience, plus a 13th and 14th monthly salary
Travel: Frequent travel within Italy and ad-hoc travel within the Mediterranean Area
Other Benefits: Lunch Vouchers, Supplementary Pension Fund, Supplementary Healthcare Fund
How to Apply:
Please visit our website www.cwgc.org/about-us/careers and select the Works Supervisor, North Italy position and see the instructions on how to apply. You will then need to click and compete the application form. Kindly send the completed application form, together with your C.V and covering letter in English to *****@*****>
Closing Date: 17th July 2020.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and in accordance with our job privacy notice, available upon request. The CWGC is an equal opportunities employer.
We like team-oriented people, self-motivated with good communication skills, able to collaborate with all internal department...of course, you must have professional experience in ilustrator, photoshop or equivalent and 3 year at least of experience with adobe xd or sketch...altre informazioni sul lavoroonly......
Com], leader nel settore dei servizi di ingegneria, per il rafforzamento della propria divisione aviation seleziona un profilo di manufacturing / quality supervisor - aircraft structures sede di lavoro: lazio la risorsa selezionata, in qualità di on site supervisor presso sito produttivo di importante......
Com], leader nel settore dei servizi di ingegneria, per il rafforzamento della propria divisione aviation seleziona un profilo di production planning supervisor - aircraft structures sede di lavoro: lazio la risorsa selezionata, in qualità di on site supervisor presso sito produttivo di importante fornitore......
Per il potenziamento della propria struttura e del proprio team, cerca: ux designer requisiti tecnici:• user experience designer• user interface desginer• proto...l'offerta si intende rivolta a candidati di ambo i sessi ai sensi della legge n° 903/77...consapevole che le dichiarazioni false comportano......
In app to you, società che opera nello sviluppo di innovazione e tecnologie, siamo alla ricerca, per sede di roma, di una persona dinamica, entusiasta e appassionata di tecnologie da inserire nel nostro team web come programmatore adobe experience manager (aem) per la realizzazione di progetti innovativi......
Telematica informatica, società di consulenza e servizi ict, con forte interesse verso progetti innovativi che utilizzano tecnologie informatiche all'avanguardia, è interessata ad entrare in contatto con una user experience designer con le seguenti competenze:- laurea in design- essere in grado di realizzare......
L'offerta si intende rivolta a candidati di ambo i sessi ai sensi della legge n° 903/77...) e con la seguente dichiarazione 'il/la sottoscritto/a …………………...consapevole che le dichiarazioni false comportano l’applicazione delle sanzioni penali previste dall’art...avangarde consulting s......
Manage and improve support procedures as needed requisiti di lavoro qualifications are as follows: 1+ years experience in a systems admin, operations or developer role devops experience with cloud (mostly aws and vmware) architecture and systems operation linux jedi good windows knowledge experience......
Requisiti di lavoro the searched figure has the following requirements: - degree title or certified courses in user experience design / web design / digital graphic arts and multimedia and / or similar - professional experience in illustrator, photoshop or equivalent - 1 year at least experience with......